Friday, October 12, 2012

Dear Nevaeh

Soon you will be a Big Sister. I've been talking to you about it since the moment I saw that second line on the pee stick. You knew before Daddy and Brother! You are so affectionate with your little sister even now when she is still in my tummy. You're always giving her hugs and kisses, and tickling her through my belly. Sometimes you will get mad at me, and will lift my shirt, wrap your arms around my stomach, and cry to your sister. If I try to put my arms around you, you push me away. Clearly you want a private moment with your sister (Sorry, I can only give you so much space with her right now!)

I know you are so young, and you might not fully understand how much your life will change in just a few weeks. But I believe with every fiber of my being that you are already connected to your baby sis. Some nights we will cuddle on the couch and watch a movie, and you will lay your head on my belly, and Sister immediately scoots her way over to you and starts kicking at your cheek. She loves you so much already! I can't wait to see this bond blossom and grow into the beautiful relationship that I have with my own sister today (your Aunt JoJo). Hopefully you and Savannah can skip the fighting stage though ;-)



When you were in my belly, I went to Build A Bear at the end (walked the mall to try and coax you out!) I picked out your Teddy Bear (the light one) kissed two hearts, made a wish, and put them in the Bear, and filled it with stuffing. It was a tradition I didn't know I was starting, but it was such a great decision. You love your Teddy Bear, and take it on the road with us whenever we travel.

A few weeks ago I took you back to Build A Bear. Pregnant again, taking my first little girl to help me continue the tradition for my second little girl. You kissed the heart and put it in the teddy bear, and we stuffed it with fluff. I can't tell you how special that day was for me. Those teddy bears are already best friends, you even call the darker one Sister Bear. You're giving it lots of cuddles as it awaits your baby sister!

And today was just more icing on the cake. You love the Katy Duck books. I'm pretty sure you'll be a dancer, so when you saw this duck dressed in a tutu, you were instantly hooked. I discovered that Katy Duck also became a Big Sister! She had a Little Brother, and she loves him just as much as I know you'll love your Little Sister. When I handed you that book, I didn't even have to explain it. You pointed to the baby duck on the cover and exclaimed, "Baby Sister! Yay!" and then we sat down and read it together. I will read that to you often, and when baby sister gets here we will read it again and you can tell Katy Duck that now you are a Big Sister too! 

I love you so much, Nevaeh. You grew inside me, and when you came out it was like having a second heart beating outside my body. Soon I will have a third heart, and I am so excited to see you transform into the next part of your precious life!

Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment